Powered by RedCircle
Check out The Jack & ‘Chill Podcast here!
Here are a few notable historical events that happened on November 1 in the past:
- 1512 – Michelangelo’s fresco on the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel in Vatican City was unveiled to the public.
- 1765 – The Stamp Act went into effect in the American colonies, leading to widespread protests and opposition, which contributed to the American Revolution.
- 1950 – Puerto Rican nationalists attempted to assassinate U.S. President Harry S. Truman at the Blair House in Washington, D.C.
- 1952 – The first hydrogen bomb was successfully detonated by the United States during the “Ivy Mike” test on Enewetak Atoll in the Pacific.
- 1963 – South Vietnam’s President Ngo Dinh Diem was assassinated in a coup d’état, marking a significant turning point in the Vietnam War.
- 1993 – The European Union (EU) was established with the signing of the Maastricht Treaty, formally known as the Treaty on European Union.
- 2000 – The United Nations Security Council adopted Resolution 1322, which demanded that Israel cease the use of force against Palestinians and called for a withdrawal of Israeli troops from Palestinian territories.
- 2013 – India launched its first interplanetary mission, the Mars Orbiter Mission (Mangalyaan), which successfully entered orbit around Mars in September 2014.
These are just a few historical events that took place on November 1 in different years. Keep in mind that many more events, both significant and lesser-known, have occurred on this day throughout history.
A to Z Facebook Page:
Check out our You Tube Channel:
Donate to the show: https://app.redcircle.com/shows/9472af5c-8580-45e1-b0dd-ff211db08a90/donations
Robin and Jack started a new You Tube channel called English Word Master. You can check it out here:
Become a member of Podchaser and leave a positive review!
Join our Whatsapp group: https://forms.gle/zKCS8y1t9jwv2KTn7
Intro/Outro Music: Daybird by Broke for Free