Powered by RedCircle
Check out The Jack & ‘Chill Podcast here!
Here are some major world events from history that happened on November 4th:
- 1922: Howard Carter’s Discovery – British archaeologist Howard Carter discovered the entrance to King Tutankhamun’s tomb in the Valley of the Kings in Egypt, leading to the eventual excavation of the tomb and the revelation of a treasure trove of ancient artifacts.
- 1956: The Suez Crisis – British and French forces began their invasion of Egypt in response to Egyptian President Gamal Abdel Nasser’s nationalization of the Suez Canal. This crisis marked a significant moment in post-colonial history.
- 1979: The Iran Hostage Crisis – Iranian militants stormed the U.S. Embassy in Tehran and took 52 American diplomats and citizens hostage, leading to a protracted 444-day crisis that had significant international and political repercussions.
- 1995: Yitzhak Rabin Assassination – Israeli Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin was assassinated by an Israeli extremist after a peace rally in Tel Aviv. Rabin had been actively involved in peace negotiations with the Palestinians.
- 2008: Barack Obama’s Presidential Election – Barack Obama was elected as the 44th President of the United States. He became the first African American to hold the office, marking a historic moment in American politics.
These events on November 4th have had a lasting impact on history, ranging from archaeological discoveries to major political and international incidents.
A to Z Facebook Page:
Check out our You Tube Channel:
Donate to the show: https://app.redcircle.com/shows/9472af5c-8580-45e1-b0dd-ff211db08a90/donations
Robin and Jack started a new You Tube channel called English Word Master. You can check it out here:
Become a member of Podchaser and leave a positive review!
Join our Whatsapp group: https://forms.gle/zKCS8y1t9jwv2KTn7
Intro/Outro Music: Daybird by Broke for Free