Powered by RedCircle
Check out The Jack & ‘Chill Podcast here!
Here are some notable historical events that happened on October 29th:
- 1618 – Sir Walter Raleigh, the English explorer, writer, and courtier, was executed for his alleged involvement in a plot against King James I of England.
- 1929 – “Black Tuesday” occurred on the New York Stock Exchange, leading to the Great Depression. Billions of dollars were lost, and this event marked the beginning of a severe worldwide economic downturn.
- 1945 – The Federal Republic of Germany (West Germany) was officially founded.
- 1956 – Israel invaded Egypt’s Sinai Peninsula during the Suez Crisis, leading to international condemnation and calls for a ceasefire.
- 1969 – The first message was sent over the ARPANET, a precursor to the internet, marking the birth of the World Wide Web.
- 1991 – The American Galileo spacecraft made its closest approach to the asteroid 951 Gaspra, providing valuable data and images of the asteroid.
- 2004 – The European Space Agency’s SMART-1 spacecraft entered orbit around the Moon.
- 2008 – Delta Air Lines and Northwest Airlines merged, creating one of the world’s largest airlines.
These are just a few historical events that took place on October 29th. There are many more, as this date has significance in various fields and throughout different time periods.
A to Z Facebook Page:
Check out our You Tube Channel:
Donate to the show: https://app.redcircle.com/shows/9472af5c-8580-45e1-b0dd-ff211db08a90/donations
Robin and Jack started a new You Tube channel called English Word Master. You can check it out here:
Become a member of Podchaser and leave a positive review!
Join our Whatsapp group: https://forms.gle/zKCS8y1t9jwv2KTn7
Intro/Outro Music: Daybird by Broke for Free