Powered by RedCircle
Here is today’s lesson:
Check out our YouTube channel:
Free Online English Lessons
Vocabulary: Topic: Food
- Main course
- I would like to start with an appetizer, please.
- For my main course, I’ll have the steak.
- The dessert menu looks amazing!
- I love tomato soup on a cold day.
- I always order a salad with my meal.
- I can’t handle spicy food.
- This dish is very savory.
- My favorite part of the meal is the sweet dessert.
Grammar: Present Simple
Rule: We use the present simple to talk about things that happen regularly, are permanent or are always true.
- I walk to work every day.
- She always brushes her teeth before bed.
- He speaks Spanish fluently.
- The sun rises in the east.
Practice: Complete the following sentences with the present simple form of the verb in brackets.
1. We ______ (eat) dinner at 7 p.m.
2. She ______ (play) tennis every Sunday.
3. They ______ (live) in this house for 10 years.
4. I ______ (enjoy) listening to music.
5. He ______ (speak) three languages.
Reading: Topic: Travel
Passage: I love to travel. I think it’s the best way to learn about different cultures and ways of life. One of my favorite trips was when I went to Japan. The people were so friendly and the food was amazing. I also loved seeing all of the beautiful temples and shrines. I hope to travel more in the future.
1. What does the author think about traveling?
2. Where did the author go on their favorite trip?
3. What did the author like about Japan?
4. Does the author want to travel more in the future?
- What countries have you visited?
- What was your favorite trip and why?
- Where would you like to travel to in the future?
- What do you like about traveling?
Donate to the show: https://app.redcircle.com/shows/9472af5c-8580-45e1-b0dd-ff211db08a90/donations
Robin and Jack started a new You Tube channel called English Word Master. You can check it out here:
Become a member of Podchaser and leave a positive review!
Learn English by listening to our podcast. Each lesson has an interesting topic that will help you improve your English listening skills. You can also comment on the episodes in our Whatsapp group or send emails to our email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join our WhatsApp group here: https://forms.gle/zKCS8y1t9jwv2KTn7
Check out Jack’s course books here:
Send questions and comments to: email@example.com
Intro/Outro Music: Daybird by Broke for Free