Powered by RedCircle
In this lesson, Jack talk about jobs. He discusses some different kinds of jobs. Then, he teaches students how to use the present continuous tense. Finally, Jack discusses technology and asks students to discuss the topic together in the comments section of the YouTube channel.
Vocabulary (10 minutes): Topic: Jobs
- She’s a great teacher who cares about her students.
- He wants to become a doctor and help people.
- The chef made a delicious meal.
- The engineer designed the building.
- She’s a talented artist who sells her work online.
- The lawyer helped his client win the case.
- The accountant manages the company’s finances.
- The nurse took care of the patient.
Grammar (10 minutes): Present Continuous
Rule: We use the present continuous to talk about actions that are happening right now or are happening around now.
- I am eating breakfast.
- She is studying for her exam.
- He is playing soccer with his friends.
- They are watching a movie.
Practice: Complete the following sentences with the present continuous form of the verb in brackets.
1. She ______ (read) a book right now.
2. They ______ (play) video games at the moment.
3. He ______ (work) on a project this week.
4. I ______ (listen) to music while I study.
5. We ______ (watch) a movie later tonight.
Reading (5 minutes): Topic: Technology
Passage: Technology is constantly changing our world. One of the most important advances in recent years has been the development of smartphones. With a smartphone, you can do so many things: check your email, take photos, listen to music, and even make phone calls! However, it’s important to remember to use technology responsibly and not become too reliant on it.
1. What is one of the most important advances in recent years?
2. What are some things you can do with a smartphone?
3. Why is it important to use technology responsibly?
4. Do you think we are too reliant on technology? Why or why not?
Discussion (5 minutes):
- What technology do you use on a daily basis?
- How has technology changed our world?
- What are some pros and cons of technology?
- Do you think technology will continue to advance in the future?
Donate to the show: https://app.redcircle.com/shows/9472af5c-8580-45e1-b0dd-ff211db08a90/donations
Robin and Jack started a new You Tube channel called English Word Master. You can check it out here:
Become a member of Podchaser and leave a positive review!
Learn English by listening to our podcast. Each lesson has an interesting topic that will help you improve your English listening skills. You can also comment on the episodes in our Whatsapp group or send emails to our email address firstname.lastname@example.org
Join our WhatsApp group here: https://forms.gle/zKCS8y1t9jwv2KTn7
Check out Jack’s course books here:
Send questions and comments to: email@example.com
Intro/Outro Music: Daybird by Broke for Free